Write for Us
Yes, you. You can write for us. We’re always looking for new contributor. If you’re interested & you’ve got an idea that will challenge our readers and move forward, We want to hear about your details idea. But you don’t need to wait for an idea that will redefine web design. Just aim to bring readers a fresh perspective on a topic that’s keeping you up at night.
Contributing Content Guidelines
You may submit a rough draft, a partial draft, or a short pitch (a paragraph or two summarizing your argument and why it matters to our readers) paired with an outline. The more complete your submission is, the better feedback we can give you. Keep in mind that we only accept original content—we do not publish anything that’s been published elsewhere (including on your blog).
Please don’t send us low quality article.
Before you submit, look at our style guide and recent articles for insight into structuring and formatting your piece, and make sure your submission:
- Articles are to be written in blog style. This means short paragraphs, bullets and numbered lists, H2 and H3s, plus plenty of white space. Recommended article length 1000 words, depending on topics & category.
- Include a short ( 2-3 sentence) bio at the bottom of the post with your desired link/url.
- Include your best head-shot
- Has a thesis and offers a clear argument—not just a list of tips and tricks.
- Has a voice. Be bold, interesting, and human.
- Is written for an audience of beauty care specialist, skin care specialist etc or similar.
What we publish
We publish articles of anywhere between 1000 words, depending on topics & category. Articles often run with a custom illustration.
How to submit?
Email us your submission. We prefer submissions as Google documents so that editors can easily provide feedback and guidance directly within your draft. You may also send us a plain-text file or a link to an HTML document.
Here’s what happens after received your request :
An editor will review your submission and determine whether it’s a potential fit. If so, the whole team will review and discuss it. This happens once a week.
The editor will collect the team’s feedback and get back to you with notes.
Once you’ve addressed our comments, send your revised draft back. The team will discuss it again and let you know if we want to accept it.
If we accept your article, an editor will work closely with you on things like organization, argumentation, and style.
We’ll schedule you for publication as soon as revisions are complete. We can’t give you a specific publication date until the article is almost ready to go live.